Core Infra Growth

July core infra grows at 1.1%

 

The core infrastructure grows to 1.1% (Y-O-Y) in July 2015 as compared to 3% (Y-O-Y) in June 2015. The combined index of Eight Core Industries stands at 168 in July 2015 with a growth rate of 1.1% in July 2015 as compared to 4.1% in July 2014. Crude oil and Natural gas registered a growth rate of (-)0.4% and (-)4.4% respectively in the month of July 2015.

 

   Sector wise trend in monthly production                                                            (% growth)

Sector

Weight in IIP

July’15

June’15

Crude Oil

5.22

-0.4

-0.7

Natural Gas

1.71

-4.4

-5.9

Petroleum Refinery Products

5.94

2.9

7.5

Coal

4.38

0.3

6.3

Fertilizer

1.25

8.6

5.8

Electricity

10.32

3.5

0.2

Cement

2.41

1.3

2.6

Steel

6.68

-2.6

4.9

Overall

37.90

1.1

3.0

  Source: PHD Research Bureau, compiled from the office of the economic advisor to the Govt. of India

 

In cumulative terms, core infrastructure industries registered a growth of 2.1% during April- July 2015-16 as against 5.5% during the corresponding period of the previous year.

 

    

    Sector wise trend in production                                                                                   (% growth)  

Sector

Weight

Apr-July 2015-16

Apr- July 2014-15

Crude Oil

5.22

-0.7

-0.4

Natural Gas

1.71

-4.2

-5.2

Petroleum Refinery Products

5.94

3.9

-2.3

Coal

4.38

5.7

6.4

Fertilizer

1.25

4.1

4.9

Electricity

10.32

2

11.4

Cement

2.41

1

11.2

Steel

6.68

1.4

5.9

Overall

37.90

2.1

5.5

   Source: PHD Research Bureau, compiled from the office of the economic advisor to the Govt. of India

 Trend in growth of steel, cement, electricity, coal and overall                     (%)

Source: PHD Research Bureau, compiled from the office of the economic advisor to the Govt. of India

Published by Naresh Sagar

Mentor MSME, Motivator, Media Event Org, Management fiscal & Water management.Social Media branding,Internet broadcasters,Propunder of Indian Philosophy

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: