Foreign Tourist Arrivals(FTAs) register a growth of 4.5 % in January- August 2015
According to Ministry of Tourism compiles monthly estimates of Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs) on the basis of Nationality-wise, Port-wise data received from Bureau of Immigration (BOI) and Foreign Exchange Earnings (FEEs) from tourism on the basis of data available from Reserve Bank of India . The following are the important highlights regarding FTAs and FEEs from tourism during the month of August 2015.
Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs):
· FTAs during the Month of August 2015 were 5.89 lakh as compared to FTAs of 5.76 lakh during the month of August 2014 and 4.86 lakh in August 2013. There has been a growth of 2.3% in August 2015 over August 2014.
· FTAs during the period January- August 2015 were 50.68 lakh as compared to the FTAs of 48.51 lakh, showing a growth of 4.5%.
· The Percentage share of Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs) in India during August 2015 among the top 15 source countries was highest from Bangladesh (15.79%) followed by USA (12.52%), UK (9.71%), Sri Lanka (7.25%), Malaysia (3.54%), Germany (2.85%), Japan (2.84%), France (2.78%), Oman (2.46%), China (2.41%), Australia (2.37%), Canada (2.33%), Nepal (2.24%), Singapore (2.00%) and UAE (1.79%). These top 15 countries account for 72.88% of total FTAs during August 2015.
· The Percentage share of Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs) in India during August 2015 among the top 15 ports was highest at Delhi Airport (27.81%) followed by Mumbai Airport (17.34%), Chennai Airport (10.66%), Haridaspur Land check post (8.83%), Bengaluru Airport (6.91%), Cochin Airport (4.47%), Hyderabad Airport (3.65%), Kolkata Airport (3.40%), Trivandrum Airport (1.95%), Sonauli Airport (1.87%), Gede Rail (1.86%), Tiruchirapalli Airport (1.67%), Ahmedabad Airport (1.31%), Ghojadanga Land check post (1.09%) and Attari Wagha Land check post (0.87%). These top 15 ports account for 93.69% of total FTAs during August 2015.
Foreign Exchange Earnings (FEEs) from Tourism in India in rupee terms and in US$ terms
· FEEs during the month of August 2015 were Rs 10,471 crore as compared to Rs 10,385 crore in August 2014 and Rs 8,351 crore in August 2013.
· The growth rate in FEEs in rupee terms during August 2015 over August 2014 was 0.8%.
· FEEs from tourism in rupee terms in January- August 2015 were Rs 82,225 crore as compared to the FEE of Rs 79,803 crore during January-August 2014, showing an increase of 3%.
· FEEs in US$ terms during the month of August 2015 were US$ 1.608 billion.
· FEEs from tourism in US$ terms during January-August 2015 were US$ 13.017 billion