31 DECEMBER 2015
The DDCA had held a press conference yesterday 30 December 2015 claiming that there was no corruption in players’ selection in the DDCA under Mr. Arun Jaitley. They had given Indian Captain Virat Kohli’s example saying Virat Kohli would not have become India’s Captain, had there been corruption in selection of players in the DDCA under Mr. Arun jaitley.
The Aam Aadmi Party today wants to put on record that if Mr. Virat Kohli is India’s Captain today, he’s despite corruption in players’ selection in the DDCA under Mr. Arun Jaitley and not because of them as claimed by the people defending Mr. Arun jaitely yesterday.
In fact, Mr. Virat Kohli is a whistle blower, who exposed DDCA’s corruption under Mr. Arun Jaitely on 12 December 2015 in an interview to The Hindu. In his interview, he said and we quote, “Being ignored for the Delhi under-14 squad was shattering for me. You know well how the system works in Delhi. The option was to do someone a favour and get me into the team. That option was presented to my father and was promptly dismissed. Next year I got into the team on my credentials.”
Mr. Virat Kohli clearly said in this interview that his late father, Shri Prem Kohli, was approached for a favour, and when he dismissed the offer, Virat was ignored and not selected for under-14 squad. This happened between 2001 and 2003, when Mr. Arun Jaitley was the DDCA President.
We have some questions for Mr. Arun Jaitley on the issue:
- Mr. Jaitley, will you please tell the nation, who in DDCA under you asked for favours from Virat Kohli’s father for his selection in the under-14 team?
- Mr. Jaitley, will you please explain why Virat Kohli was ignored when his father refused to meet the demand of DDCA office bearers under you?
- Mr. Jaitley, will you please, at least now, come out and say sorry to the nation for rampant corruption in the DDCA during your tenure as President of the body?
- Mr. Jaitley, can you deny the specific allegations made by Indian skipper Virat Kohli?
- Mr. Jaitley, will you please tell the nation how many talented players like Virat Kohli were denied a chance to play for Delhi, because their parents could not meet the demands made by DDCA office bearers under you?
We sincerely urge Mr. Arun Jaitley that after this expose` made by Mr. Virat Kohli, he will not be targeted and hounded by you and his career will not be ruined.
AAP Media Cell