On the call given by the Aam Aadmi Party’s Delhi unit, elected MLAs led by ministers of the Delhi government and the Vidhan Sabha Speaker on Sunday initiated massive cleanliness drives in their respective constituencies across the national capital.
Among others Vidhan Sabha Speaker Mr Ram Niwas Goel, Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia, PWD Minister Satyendar Jain, Water & Tourism Minister Kapil Mishra and Environment Minister Imran Hussain, led garbage cleaning drives in their respective constituencies.
MLAs along with volunteers had started the cleanliness drives as early as 8 AM in the morning. The party thanks the residents of the national capital for supporting the cleanliness drive and participating in it.
The AAP is of the view that any part of Delhi cannot be allowed to remain dirty and it is shocking the civic agencies – the three Municipal Corporations have failed in their primary and obligatory duty of keeping the city clean.
Due to large-scale corruption and mismanagement, the three MCDs have financially and functionally collapsed. The corporations are even unable to explain how they have spent the planned and unplanned budgetary grants provided to them by the Delhi government.
It is condemnable that despite having received the entire budgetary amount before time and having been given the concession by the Delhi government of not seeking any repayment of the Rs 6,000 crore outstanding loan and even the interest amount from the MCDs for the current financial year, these corporations instead of paying their employees salaries have provoked them to go on strike.
The AAP challenges the BJP and its mayors to answer the following questions :
1) Have the three MCDs NOT received the entire planned and non-planned budgetary amount from Delhi government before time during the current financial year ?
2) How much and when did they receive the money from Delhi administration last year ?
3) Can the MCDs deny that DDA owes them Rs 1555 crore ?
4) Despite doubling its parking charges, where has that money gone ? Can the MCDs make public its parking collection ?
5) Why has the property tax collection of MCDs declined ?
6) Is it not a fact that Delhi High Court on 30 October 2014 had stated that the MCD had converted Swacch Bharat Abhiyan into a mere ritual ?
7) Did the High Court not tell the MCD on 5 November 2014 that it is running a Dirty India campaign ?