Dear Naresh Kumar Sagar,
We are pleased to inform you that we have launched a new campaign of nation building – “Drought Duty”, an internship to invoke, involve and actively associate youth in understanding drought and working for drought relief and mitigation.
We are calling upon young people to devote at least 1 week in offering help in drought affected rural areas.
Tasks the interns will do:
• Gather data through surveys of drought affected areas
• Understanding what drought means to rural people at multiple levels
• Map water resources of villages
• Plan with local communities for revival of water resources
• Disseminate entitlement information
• Assist rural poor in paper work necessary for access to entitlements
Outcomes we expect:
• The data gathered from surveys, will become the definitive yardstick for all further plans made by any level of government and can be asserted by people themselves.
• The data from water resource mapping will be used to prepare village level watershed management plans.
What do we need from you (members of Swaraj Abhiyan)
To come forward and be a part of the program by volunteering to be a Trainer for the interns on behalf of Swaraj Abhiyan at the various centers for the internship program. The entire duration of the program is from 26th May to 15th July. You are requested to commit to being a trainer for at least two batches of interns (approximately 19 days). We’d be grateful if you can devote more days than this.
As a Trainer, you will be expected to supervise the activities, safety and engagements of the interns and participate in the internship orientation program.
Shruti of Swaraj Abhiyan is coordinating this program and can be contacted at email@example.com, please add “volunteer for Drought Duty” in the subject text; or, over the phone at 7065003180.
We eagerly look forward to your help and hope for a positive response from you.
Yogendra Yadav । योगेन्द्र यादव
Member, Swaraj Abhiyan National Coordination Committee|National Convener, Jai Kisan Andolan
सदस्य, स्वराज अभियान राष्ट्रीय संयोजन समिति । राष्ट्रीय संयोजक, जय किसान आंदोलन
XB-4 Sahvikas Society, 68 Indra Prastha Extension, Delhi 110092 India
Avik Saha | अभीक साहा
Member, Swaraj Abhiyan National Coordination Committee|National Co-Convenor, Jai Kisan Andolan
सदस्य, स्वराज अभियान राष्ट्रीय संयोजन समिति | राष्ट्रीय सह-संयोजक, जय किसान आंदोलन
5AB, 5th Floor, Hastings Chambers, 7C Kiran Shankar Roy Road, Kolkata 700001
Phone/WhatsApp: 9830052766| Facebook: Avik Saha| Twitter: @aviksahaindia
Drought Duty is a campaign to involve youth in drought relief and mitigation. This campaign is a collaborative effort of Swaraj Abhiyan, Ekta Parishad, National Alliance of People’s Movement and Jal Biradari.