NEWS DIGESTS: PoK News Digest, Vol.9, No.6, June 2016
POK NEWS DIGEST is IDSA’s monthly newsletter comprising news summaries, press releases and important state…
The sagar online media Daily
Virtual Social Media
Coach Ross Angeles
REDBOOKS – Sell More
Joseph D. Torbey
BIAFRA!!! PLOT TO FRAME IPOB UNCOVERED, MEDIA AND LIES EVEN AS INNOCENT BLOOD FLOWS – AfricanNews247|Breaking News|Latest|Photos|Audios|Video|World News|Features|Reports
Online Media Mata Taiwan Bridges the Gap Between Aborigines and ‘Han Chinese’ – The News Lens International Edition
The News Lens INTL
Simon E. Turkas Ⓥ
rdodigital.com – The growing importance of the digital world for the travel and vacation industry has presented increasing opportunities for timeshare resorts to improve the connection they have with their guests. …
The ‘Smart City’ industry is projected to be a $400 billion market by 202…
The Asian news Daily
washingtonpost.com – Clinton campaign pollster Benenson to @ABC: “We’ll have a press conference when we want to have a press conference” https://t.co/wxgn057ehx— ABC News Politics (@ABCPolitics) July 28, 2016 When is …
washingtonpost.com – Brian Williams interviews Chelsea Clinton. (Peter Kramer/NBC News via Associated Press) What’s the pay scale for a rookie network news correspondent with no news experience whatsoever? Six-hundred …
The trial run by Indian Railways for the high-speed Spanish-built Talgo train between Delhi-Mumbai route began on Monday. At the speed of 130 kmph, the high-speed Talgo is expected to reach New Delhi in four hours less than the time taken by Rajdhani Express—covering the route in 12 hours 36 minutes.
In today’s trial, due to track wash out between Delhi to Mumbai route, Talgo train trial was affected. However, upto Ratlam, the Talgo high-speed train was running before time.
Also, prima-facie comparison of running time of Talgo train and Rajdhani Express showed that Talgo took 118 minutes less than Rajdhani Express from New Delhi- Surat.
The average running speed of Rajdhani from New Delhi- Surat was 89.76 kmph whereas the average speed of Talgo train for the same route was 106.52 kmph.
Further three more trials of Talgo train will be carried out between Delhi to Mumbai in coming days.
Report for the first leg of time validation trials of Spanish Talgo Train from New Delhi to Mumbai Central
• Talgo special Train departed from New Delhi at 19:55 hrs.
• It travelled through the same route which is followed by the New Delhi – Mumbai Rajdhani Express train No. 12952. It also observed the same permanent and temporary speed restrictions as well as the sectional speeds of Rajdhani Express Train No. 12952.
• The existing Rajdhani Express takes 15:50 hrs from New Delhi – Mumbai Central.
• Talgo train because of heavy rains enroute and due to point failure at Mathura Junction, reached at 11:36 AM at Mumbai Central. (15:41 hrs)
• There was water logging beyond Surat between Udvada – Vapi – Bhilad section, which considerably delayed the movement of trains as speed restrictions had to be imposed for safety reasons.
• Accordingly beyond Surat the Talgo train could not implement its trial schedule because of the reason beyond their control.
• In anyway from Delhi – Surat Talgo train took around 2 hours less in comparison to Rajdhani Express.
• The Talgo train fully succeeded in its maiden trial between New Delhi & Mumbai.
• But for the reasons mentioned above it would have taken approximately 3hours less than the Rajdhani train in reaching Mumbai Central. It means that it would have reached in 12 hours 47 minutes as claimed and planned.
• Average Running Speed of Rajdhani Express (New Delhi-Surat) – 89.76 kmph
• Average Running Speed of Talgo Train (New Delhi-Surat) – 106.52 kmph