March19, 2017 (C) Ravinder Singh email@example.com
For over 100 years Rain, River Flow Gauges were installed in all rivers & River Basins, Cities, Towns and Now Villages also which monitored flows in river daily basis or hourly basis when in floods – these days most of them are Automatic – Recording River Flows.
NITI AYOG had not ‘Broadcast These Storages, Flows & Rainfalls Live’ even as Communication Cost these days is practically free – I access 50 Times more Data today than 3 years ago for the same price. We in Delhi don’t get any information about Rainfall, Flooding of Roads, Water Level Flows in Drains & Rivers on live basis.
It is Unfortunate GoI has appointed ‘Extreme Dullards’ in Planning Commission who are Promoting WEIRD ideas. They have all the Data about Water Stored in Dams, Consumed by sectors, Lost in Evaporation, Food Productivity, Industrial Value Addition etc. but no info provided on daily, weekly, monthly or yearly basis in time.
1. These experts have on top of the agenda and others too are linked to it – ‘Restoration of Water Bodies’.
2. Firstly water use has substantially increased in past 50 years with introduction of 22 million Electric Tube-wells for Irrigation plus more, Motorised Hand Pumps etc.
3. These experts in BJP states had built CHECK DAMS – which reduces water flow in to Storage Dams.
4. Infrastructure Development like Roads had completely blocked flow of Rain or Surface Waters flowing in to Water Bodies, which were largely ‘Manmade Like Two Ponds Next SIRI Fort Auditorium’ that have Completely dried up since the built up of Roads houses etc. There is Flooding of roads even after few millimeters of rains but not a drop filling two old ponds. These EXTREME experts don’t understand that Bhakra Dam ‘Manages 18 Billion Cubic Meters of Water Annually’ – 15000 Liters Per Capita in India and delivers it at over 95% efficiency.
5. Ponds & Johads for example average 1000 M3 each, RWH about 12 M3 each – these operate at 0% to 10% efficiency and dry up much before Summer Season.
6. India need to build – 18 million Johads & Ponds to match Bhakra Dam – 180 m Johads when water efficiency is 10%, but would all DRY UP in March April.
90% of Water is used for Agriculture in India. Planning Commission used to give Rankings in respect of ‘Food Production of Every Crop’ separately in Excel format, both by ‘Weight & Yield,’, ‘Area Under Cultivation and Under Irrigation’ data.
Experts in Niti Ayog abandoned this and release Complete ‘Agriculture Year Book’ which is two years late or outdated on release when Mandi data is available on Daily Basis but no Released like USFDA– there are WIDE REGIONAL Variations in Rainfall, Cropping Pattern etc. Niti Ayog to Give Data on Water Used & Food Produced District Wise, State Wise – preferably village wise by 2019 – Determine Needs & Wastages.
Ravinder Singh, Inventor & Consultant, INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGIES AND PROJECTS
Y-77, Hauz Khas, ND -110016, India. Ph: 091- 9871056471, 9718280435, 9650421857
Ravinder Singh* is a WIPO awarded inventor specializing in Power, Transportation,
Smart Cities, Water, Energy Saving, Agriculture, Manufacturing, Technologies and Projects