Food Tank’s Boston Summit Schedule
9:00am, Welcome and Introduction:
William Masters, Professor, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University
Dariush Mozaffarian, Dean, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University
Catalina Lopez-Ospina, Director, Mayor’s Office of Food Initiatives
9:20am, Welcome: Danielle Nierenberg, President, Food Tank
9:30am, a Fireside Chat featuring Ray Offenheiser, President, Oxfam America.
Moderated by Deborah Becker, Senior Correspondent, WBUR.
10:00am, Panel 1: Farming Differently
Moderator: Kiera Butler, Senior Editor, Mother Jones
• Timothy Griffin, Director, Agriculture, Food and Environment Program, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University
• Paul Willis, Rancher and Founder, Niman Ranch Pork Company
• Monique Mikhail, Senior Campaign Strategist, Greenpeace
• Lindsey Shute, Executive Director and Co-Founder, National Young Farmers Coalition
• Matthew Dillon, Director of Agricultural Policy and Programs, Clif Bar
• Rukia Bilal, Farmer, Flats Mentor Farm
11:05am, Panel 2: The True Value of Food
Moderator: Tamar Haspel, Columnist, The Washington Post
• Lauren Baker, Strategic Initiatives and Programs, Global Alliance for the Future of Food
• Tim Wise, Land and Food Rights Program Director, Small Planet Institute, and Senior Research Fellow, Global Development and Environment Institute at Tufts University
• Jess Fanzo, Bloomberg Distinguished Associate Professor of Ethics and Global Food & Agriculture, Johns Hopkins University
• Oliver Gottfried, Senior Campaign Strategist, Oxfam America
• Nichole Cirillo, Mission Director, Stonyfield
12:05pm, Panel 3, Presented by Naked Juice: Are We Becoming Nutrient “Dense”?
Moderator: Corby Kummer, Senior Editor, The Atlantic
• Michel Nischan, Wholesome Wave
• Keri Glassman, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
2:00pm, a presentation by Leo Abruzzese, Global Director of Public Policy for The Economist Intelligence Unit, on the Barilla Center for Food & Nutrition Food Sustainability Index.
2:10pm, Panel 4: Creating Better Food Access
Moderator: Lindsay Kalter, Health Care Reporter, Boston Herald
• Doug Rauch, Founder and President, Daily Table
• Julian Agyeman, Professor of Urban and Environmental Policy and Planning, Tufts University
• Norbert Wilson, Professor of Food Policy, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University
• Patricia Baker, Senior Policy Analyst, Massachusetts Law Reform Institute
• Councilor Ayanna Pressley, City Councilor At-Large, Boston City Council
3:15pm, Panel 5: Farm and Food Innovations
Moderator: Janelle Nanos, Reporter, The Boston Globe
• Lauren Abda, Founder, Branchfood
• Ian Brady, Co-Founder & CEO, AVA
• Brad McNamara, CEO & Co-Founder, Freight Farms
• Matt Tortora, Co-Founder & CEO, Crave Food Services Corp.
• Sara Burnett, Director of Wellness and Food Policy, Panera Bread
4:15pm, Danielle Nierenberg, President, Food Tank
4:35pm, Keynote: Jody Adams, Chef and Co-owner, Trade Restaurant
4:50pm, Keynote: Congressman Jim McGovern, U.S. Congress (D-MA)
Thank you to our sponsors and media partners: Barilla Center for Food and Nutrition, Blue Apron, Branchfood, Crave Food Services Corp., Edible Boston, Fair Trade USA, Food and Environment Reporting Network (FERN), Mother Jones, Naked Juice, Nature’s Path, Organic Valley, Panera Bread, sweetgreen, To Market, and Vera Roasting Company.