EDUCATION AND FRENCH LANGUAGE
The French Language, Education and Vocational Training (CLEF) service at Institut français India (IFI) has three main objectives, as defined by the French M
inistry of External and European Affairs:
International mobility: Cooperation in the field of education between France and India is embodied by the numerous school exchanges that have been established to meet the increasing demand of Indian schools. IFI also promotes international mobility through its two flagship programmes:
The English Language Assistants Programme – In this programme, Indian students are sent to France to teach English in French schools as assistant English teachers for a period of 7 months.
The French Language Tutors in India Programme – Under this programme, French university students are invited to teach French in Indian universities for a period of 9 months.
TEACHING ENGLISH IN FRANCE
Programme “English Language Assistants in France”
You have a good command of English and French. You can:
– Teach English in France.
– Attend classes in French universities.
– Discover France.
– IELTS (Academic – score 7.5+)
– B1 level of French or a B.A. French
This program of the Ministry of Education in France is managed, internationally and in India, by the International Centre for Pedagogical Studies (CIEP) and the Embassy of France in India. As part of this program, 40 to 50 Indian students are recruited as English language assistants in French public schools. The program allows these Alliance française or Indian university students to experience French language and culture, while providing their schools with their language skills and their rich culture.
The English Language Indian Assistants’ stay in France covers a period of seven months, from 1 October to 30 April of the next year. Appointed to secondary and primary schools, they provide support to English-language teachers.
- Be an Indian citizen,
- Have student status (enrolled in a university or an Alliance francaise in India)
- Not have benefited from the “Indian English-language Assistants” program in the past,
- Hold a bachelor’s degree (or be enrolled in 3rd year)
- Be under 35 years of age on 1 October 2016.
- Having obtained the IELTS certificate (British Council/ IDP academic test) of English proficiency with a score above 7.5,
- Have a good level of French: minimum certification level B1 (DELF, TCF, TEF, etc.) or have received French B.A. French Honours from an Indian University.
The programme’s objectives:
- Support English-language teaching in French public schools.
- Linguistic and Cultural Discovery, immersion in a professional situation.
- Getting to the pedagogical practices of the French schools, especially for language teaching; assistants must indeed be integrated in schools and build an educational tender in accordance with instructions given by their English teachers.
- Strengthening ties and mutual understanding between French and Indian cultures.
- Education: Assistants are advised to attend classes, insofar as their professional obligations allow, at a French university.
For more information contact Jatinder Singh at firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail)