“Directors Conclave 2017”
Dear Professional Colleague,
Selling in India is like selling in 28 NATIONS with around 1.3 Billion population – the largest consumer base in the world. Under the visionary leadership of Mr. Narendra Modi, the ongoing reforms like GST, Digital India, Smart cities, Start Ups and Make in India, India is moving towards top Three Economic Powers of the World.
India has also moved to the forefront of Corporate Governance challenges with Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016, SEBI (LODR) Regulations, 2015 and Companies Act, 2013. Recently, annual Performance Evaluation of individual directors, the Board and its committees has also been mandated to significantly enhance Board effectiveness.
To discuss & debate the current governance challenges, in this age of turbulence, the Institute Of Directors (IOD), India is organizing a ‘Directors’ Conclave’ on Friday, 18th August 2017 in New Delhi.
DMCC, Dubai Multi Commodities Centre Authority is the Presenting Partner for the event.
|Dates||:||Friday, 18th August 2017|
|Timings||:||1830 hrs, followed by dinner|
|Venue||:||Le Meridien, Janpath, New Delhi|
|Theme||:||Making Boards Effective and Expanding Business Globally|
I am pleased to invite you and your organisation to participate in the event. The Conclave is likely to be attended by over 400 corporate directors and senior executives of public, private and govt.
During the Conclave, the IOD Distinguished Fellowships will be conferred upon
- Dr. (Mrs.) Aruna Sharma, IAS, Secretary, Ministry of Steel, Govt. of India
- Dr. S. K. Pattanayak, IAS, Secretary, Dept. of Agriculture and Co-operation and Farmers Welfare, Govt. of India
- Mr. Ashishkumar Chauhan, MD & CEO, BSE Ltd (Bombay Stock Exchange).
The Golden Peacock Award for Leadership in Economic Transformation will be conferred upon
- Mr. Amitabh Kant, IAS, Chief Executive Officer, NITI Aayog
Mr. Gautam Sashittal, CEO, Dubai Multi Commodities Centre Authority (DMCC) will deliver the keynote address and Dr. M. S. Sahoo, Chairperson, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India will deliver a special address. Mr. Ashok Lavasa, IAS, Finance Secretary & Secretary (Exp.), Ministry of Finance, Govt. of India has been invited to be the Guest of Honour.
Mr. Arjun Ram Meghwal, Hon’ble Union Minister of State for Finance & Corporate Affairs, Govt. of India has kindly accepted to be the Chief Guest. Some of the other Distinguished Guests and Speakers for the Conclave include:
- Dr. Justice Arijit Pasayat, Co-Chairman , IOD, India and Ex. Chairman, Competition Appellate Tribunal and former Judge, Supreme Court of India
- H.E. Ahmed Sultan Bin Sulayem, Executive Chairman, DMCC Dubai Multi Commodities Centre Authority
- Mr. J. K. Dadoo, IAS, Addl. Secretary & Financial Advisor, Ministry of Commerce, Govt. of India
- Ms. Varsha Joshi, IAS, Secretary Power & Transport, Govt of NCT Delhi
- Mr. Vijay Karia, Chairman & MD, Ravin Group of Companies
- Mr. Atul Temurnikar, Co-Founder & Chairman, GIIS, Singapore, et al.
Look forward to welcoming you at this important annual Directors Conclave in Delhi.
If you have already responded, you may kindly ignore this. My sincere apologies.
With best wishes,
Manoj K. Raut
CEO & Director
INSTITUTE OF DIRECTORS
M-56 A, Greater Kailash Part-II (Market)
New Delhi – 110048, INDIA
Board Nos. : +91-11-41636294, 41636717, 41008704 , Fax : +91-11-41008705
Web: www.iodglobal.com , http://www.goldenpeacockaward.com