Chinese President Xi Jinping speaks at the BRICS Plenary Session:
– As the world undergoes profound changes, BRICS cooperation has become more important.
– Despite our differences in national conditions, our five countries are in similar stage of development and share same development cause.
– We should speak with one voice and jointly present our solutions to issues concerning international peace and development.
– Pleased to note important consensus reached at leadership level on closer people to people exchanges, being translated into reality.
– Our ever closer ties with rest of the world require that we five countries play a more active part in global governance.
– Without our participation, many pressing global challenges cannot be effectively resolved. — ANI