November16, 2017 (C) Ravinder Singh firstname.lastname@example.org
India employs 12m in Public & Private Security Forces yet Indian people and Assets are Vulnerable. It is not just that our forces are attacked daily but also in our cities Snatchings, Murders, Thefts, Rapes, Traffic Violation & Transportation Bottlenecks and Deaths, Environment, Foods and even in Gated Communities with highest concentration of Forces, CCTVs and our Markets & Buildings and Public & Assets are vulnerable. Police Force is not serious in Operating CCTVs and control illegal activities around their Check Posts.
When I was 10 years old I mastered game of CHESS in 30 daysjust playing with my cousins and elders during summer vacation.Nobody actually taught me the Basics of Offensive & Defensive Play. In game of Chess both sides have ‘Exactly The Same Strength – 16 Pieces on Chess Board’ but the Player with better SKILLS would Win Almost Every Times. I was ranked Number One in India in 1973 Championship at midway stage, ended up number six.
Forces led by SMART LEADERS is Ist step in making our entire 12m Security Forces Smart.
Todays event at NDMC Convention Center was organized to make our Forces much more EFFECTIVE in Offence & Defence with better skills and Equipment.
The basic fundamental was STEALTH in Attack and DISGUISE in Defence and INNOVATIVE MOVES in every game. Champion Players or Winners never repeated same moves. Both my uncles who Commanded Army depots in Jalandhar, Ambala, Srinagar, Agra, Jabalpur, and more during all major wars were excellent chess players.
1. Forces are Vulnerable to attack to Least Trained Teenagers at Borders because they Perform The Same Border Patrolling DRILLS every day, for decades, all over long borders and even in Civilian duties. Attackers know when and where our forces are Vulnerable.
2. NDMC Convention Center, venue of the EVENT itself is TOTAL Disaster and architect who designed it and authorities who approved were EXTREME Dullards/Corrupt.Airhostesses are TRAINED to Evacuate Passengers within minutes. No evacuation drill was Carried out at this building which cost practically nothing.
3. Unlike UPHAAR which was Open to Four Sides, NDMC CC has only one road one side entry and this too was largely BLOCKED by Parking. It has no LIFTS but instead hasEscalators which operate AWAY from each other. Emergency Staircases are at the back when only entry is from Front – are too narrow – Sarojini Nagar Double Story flats where I was born has 6 Feet Wide stairs but NDMC CC just 4 feet. There were no EMERGENCY EXIT PLANS, Directions to Exit were misleading and perhaps no Fire Safety. [Malls & METROs have all three – LIFTS, ESCALATORS and Stairs]
4. DMRC is most vulnerable because SECURITY CHECKING is well inside VULNERABLE Mid Level area. Security checking ought to be at Ground Level.
5. DAMS are VULNERABLE to ‘Man Made FLOODS Disasters’ – 2006 UKAI dam was filled up in July and Bhakra Dam Storage was 50% FULL even before Monsoon set in VULNERABLE twice in 2008.
6. I told General NC Vij in 2008 after his NDMA presentation that ‘NDMA had not learnt anything from SURAT FLOODS and Bhakra this year is Vulnerable Second Time’ – Since then there are at least 200 Incidences when Dams were 50% or more Full before Monsoon.
7. DAM GATES – Dam Flood Gates are not required in Present Times – SARDAR SAROVAR DAM could have been raised to full height in 6 months that 3 years.
8. SSP Dam gates was 40 years old design when Weather Forecast was not reliable and operators waking up in the morning to find Flood Inflows at say 15 lakh cusecs – had to open the gates for dam safety.
9. Spillways are better in discharging floods. SSP has over 1,20,000 Cusec capacity to discharge water through Turbines or 0.24 MAF per day.
Ravinder Singh, Inventor & Consultant, INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGIES AND PROJECTS
Y-77, Hauz Khas, ND -110016, India. Ph: 091- 8826415770, 9871056471, 9650421857
Ravinder Singh* is a WIPO awarded inventor specializing in Power, Transportation,
Smart Cities, Water, Energy Saving, Agriculture, Manufacturing, Technologies and Projects