January18, 2018 (C) Ravinder Singh email@example.com
The biggest issue at latest Natural Gas Conclave was issue of Unavailability of Gas for Industry even as India is producing‘Urea Fertilizer Locally based on CNG fuel’.
Bharat Petroleum misled by claiming Urea price shot up over$900 but Ministry of Fertilizer reports Urea Prices in World Market hovered at average below $200.
Indian Agriculture requires 26 million tones of Urea – cost$5200m or around Rs.30,000 Cr –Rs.35,000 Cr but Subsidy alone is Rs.55,100 Cr and Farmers are charged Rs.5,360 Cr per Ton or Rs.15,000 Cr. It cost Rs.70,000 Cr to deliver mostly imported Urea.
Farmers Pay Double For Urea > Industry Lose CNG
Fertilizer Policy of producing Urea in India based on CNG Doubles cost of Fertilizers to Farmers and Deprives Industry of CLEAN FUEL for producing High Value products.
1. Fertilizer Plants be shut down, Long Term Urea Contracts be more Cheaper.
It was disclosed cost of Piped Gas Supply to a domestic consumer cost Rs.15,000 to Rs.20,000 but average monthly bill is only Rs.275 – therefore least viable.
2. Combined Heat & Power Plants recover 90% thermal energy and doesn’t involve Long Distance Transmission of Heat & Electricity are common in Developed Countries for 50 yrs – District Heating, Food Processing, Hotels etc may get priority in CNG Supply.
3. CNG be reserved for Public Transport only in view of shortages and long queues to get gas for Public Transport.
4. LNG for Coastal Zones – CNG for North & Central India
Japan has One or Two Berth LNG Terminals all over at ports than practice of Exclusive Terminals which become ‘Non Working Assets’ when LNG Supply is not required.
Coastal States to have their own LNG Ports and directly get LNG supply than routing through Major Pipelines. North & Central India get CNG Supply through existing network.
5. Energy Efficiency & Environment – Efficient Gas & Kerosene & Wood Stoves can reduce ‘Dependence on Petroleum Products Imports’.
6. Common Weakly supply of LPG Cylinders than daily supply by distributors where Consumers have Two Cylinder like in Delhi.
7. 10 Years old ‘Non-Working EXPLORATION Contracts or NEP Blocks be RE-AUCTIONED’ to Successful Operators like ONGC or BP.
CAUTION – Solar Power prices have already crashed to Rs.1 Per Unit and manufacture of Solar Cells has exceeded 1,00,000 MWp. Electric Vehicles are gain traction – already viable – shall replace CNG or LNG in Public Transport.
1-7 Suggestion for Public Good Be Implemented ASAP.
Ravinder Singh, Inventor & Consultant, INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGIES AND PROJECTS
Y-77, Hauz Khas, ND -110016, India. Ph: 091- 8826415770, 9871056471, 9650421857
Ravinder Singh* is a WIPO awarded inventor specializing in Power, Transportation,
Smart Cities, Water, Energy Saving, Agriculture, Manufacturing, Technologies and Projects