During the visit of Shri Narendra Modi, Hon’ble Prime Minister of India to Sweden on 16-17 April 2018, India and Sweden hosted an India-Nordic Summit, entitled ‘India-Nordic Summit : Shared Values, Mutual Prosperity’. During the Summit, the Prime Ministers pledged to deepen cooperation between India and the Nordic countries and focused their discussions on key issues related to global security, economic growth, innovation and climate change. They acknowledged that innovation and digital transformation drive growth in an interconnected world, which underpin a growing engagement between India and the Nordic countries.
The Summit emphasized the India’s strong commitment to innovation and digital initiatives as key to prosperity and sustainable development, with national flagship programmes such as Make in India, Start-up India, Digital India and Clean India. Nordic solutions in clean technologies, maritime solutions, port modernization, food processing, health and life-sciences and agriculture were mentioned.
Some of the MoUs/Agreements signed and exchanged on the occasion of the visit of our Hon’ble Prime Minister to Stockholm (April 16-17,2018) are as follows:
MOUs/Agreements between India and Sweden
• Joint Declaration on India-Sweden Innovation Partnership for a Sustainable Future between Ministry of Science and Technology of India and the Ministry of Enterprise and Innovation.
MOUs/Agreements between India and Denmark
• MOU on Cooperation in the field of Sustainable and Smart Urban Development between the Ministry for Housing and Urban Affairs of India and the Ministry of Industry, Business and Financial Affairs of Denmark.
• MOU on Cooperation in the fields of Animal Husbandry and Dairying between Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare of India and the Danish Veterinary and Food Administration, Ministry of Environment and Food of Denmark.
• MOU on Food Safety Cooperation between the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India and the Danish Veterinary and Food Administration.
• MOU on Cooperation in Agricultural Research and Education between the Indian Council of Agricultural Research and the University of Copenhagen, Faculty of Science, Denmark.
MOUs/Agreements between India and Iceland
• MOU on the Establishment of the ICCR Chair for Hindi Language between Indian Council for Cultural Relations and the University of Iceland.