IndoNepal inland waterways project on track developing inland waterways from India’s River
#Ganges to Nepali border covering #Kosi and #Gandaki (Narayani) rivers.
India and Nepal have recently agreed upon a new deal that calls for navigation between both the two countries through waterways.
In a recent decision, both the countries decided to develop inland waterways navigation from India’s River Ganges to Nepali border covering the latter’s Kosi and Gandaki (Narayani) rivers.
Towards this end, officials from both the ends discussed key aspects of the project in a two-day meeting held during July 15-16, 2018.
Indian officials will visit Kosi and Narayani rivers and Nepali technical team will take a travel to Calcutta, Haldia-Varanali section to observe India’s inland waterways development already under process.
Vice-President of Inland Waterways Authority of India Pravir Pandey and Joint Secretary of Nepal’s Water and Energy Commission Secretariat (WECS) Madhav Belbase signed and exchanged the deal amid the presence of their respective teams, on behalf of the two countries.
August03, 2018 (C) Ravinder Singh firstname.lastname@example.org
In the morning I met a foreign delegating exhibiting Wonderful Medical-IT Technologies and in the evening introduced to World’s Most untenable 15,000 km Waterways Project.
‘Garland Canal Project’ was proposed 40 years and Morarji Desai took some interest in it but in 1980 an article appeared in HT – I responded by writing to then PM that –
1. Project is UNSOUND – water can’t flow an inch at same level but GCP envisages transfer of water at same level for 1500 km in Himalayas and 4500 km in Central & South India.
2. Earth Excavation alone was 27 Billion M3. [300m Canal Width, 10m Depth 6000 km + 50% Over Burden]. Even at Rs.100 Per M3 for Digging mostly in rocks & Transporting would cost Rs.2,70,000 Cr TWICE Then GDP of India was Rs.1,25,729 Cr.
3. Huge Project shall never be built considering Annual Maintenance & Damages.
4. Any breach in Canals would SHUT DOWN the project.
5. Many thousand RIVERS, ROAD, RAIL Crossings Would Interrupt Transport Networks for decades.
6. Leakages and Seepages in 6000 km Canal means LITTLE Water to reach South India.
7. Power required to lift 50 BCM water to 500m shall be more than All the Power Generated in 1980 due to Energy losses in Penstocks of Turbines or Water Mains.
ALL ABOVE SHALL PARALYZE INDIA
PM without delay announced ‘Garland Canal to Be Technically & Economically Unfeasible.’
AC Kamaraja is Twice More WEIRD – Added More Lunatics. No State or Industry Wants Such Waterways.
8. He added 9000 km more to the Canal.
9. He Claims Canal Water Flowing in Both Directions like POWER GRID.
10. Running Ships in IMAGINARY Canals.
11. Most Laughable – Project Cost $80b – Jobs 250M or $320/ Job.
12. INDIA DESERVE BETTER LEADERS – ENGINEERS – CEOs.
Ravinder Singh, Inventor & Consultant, INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGIES AND PROJECTS
Y-77, Hauz Khas, ND -110016, India. Ph: 091- 8826415770, 9871056471, 9650421857
Ravinder Singh* is a WIPO awarded inventor specializing in Power, Transportation,
Smart Cities, Water, Energy Saving, Agriculture, Manufacturing, Technologies and Projects