ROOTS OF ODISHA FOUNDATION
Cordially invites you to the announcement of 4thEdition of Konark International Cylothon
Date – Saturday, 15th September, 2018
Venue – Constitution Club (Dy Speaker Hall)
Time – 3:30 PM
As we will be hosting our 4th Edition of the International Cycling Expedition titled “Tour de Kalinga”, we request your to preside the inaugural Press meet on 15th September 2018 (3-6pm) at the Dy Speaker Hall, Constitution Club, Delhi and address/cover the following Programme on the occasion please;
1) Felicitate and honour with Trophy and Memento to our Brand Ambassador and Olympian Ms. Dutee Chand who has made our country proud by winning medal at the recently concluded Asian Games.
2) Felicitate and honour with Trophy and Memento to our GreenBrand Ambassador Dr. Amit Samarth who has set the world record as the only Asean to have completed the Trans-Siberian Extreme Challenge ( A 9,200 km extreme cycling race in 25 days)
3) Felicitate and honour Shri Jagwinder Singh a physically challenged (arm less) Para cyclist who has been inspiring for his skills to cycle without any arm,
4) To release the San Art Animated movie on Tour de Kalinga by Internally acclaimed artist Shri Manas Shahu.
5) Unveiling of the theme, objective and brochure and date calendar of Tour de Kalinga to press media and attended present.
About the Event:
Subject: Invitation for your to be the Chief Guest on the inauguration of the 4th edition of KIC titled “Tour-D-Kalinga” on 8th December 2018 from Bhubaneswar to Koraput and Back to Bubaneswar (Concluding ceremony on 23rd December, 2018.
Roots of Odisha Foundation in association with CRESPAI (an Industry confederation for promoting Clean Energy and clean environment) with host its 4th edition of the International cycling expedition titled “Tour D Kalinga” on 8th of December, 2018 starting from Bhubaneswar.
The cycling expedition from Bhubaneswar to Koraput and Back to Bhubaneswar will visit the places of heritage/Tourism importance such as Konark, Puri, Satapada, Berhampur, Chandragirim, Sunabeda, Koraput, Rayagada, Daringibadi, Phulabani, Nayagarh, Khurdha. It is a Cycle Tour campaigning to make people aware about their environment, effects vehicular pollution and climate change, protection of their ecology and promoting cycling as alternate mode of commuting. On the opt of it, our aim has been to bring to world sight the tourist spot of Odisha and Promote ecotourism.
The “Tour D Kalinga” (KIC-4th edition): Roots of Odisha Foundation is hopeful that this Cyclothon will not only increase interest in pro cycling in India, but also promote the health benefits of the cycling. The route from Bhubaneswar to Koraput is about 1350 km runs through the beautiful marine drive, considered to be one of the best virgin marine drives in the world. The entire stretch is surrounded by beautiful flora and fauna. The area is home to a number of threatened species of plants and animals besides being a largest wintering ground for migratory birds. The Easter Ghat range offering the lust Green and elevation of a hill drive is a treat to taste the endurance of International cyclist. The eco-system has abundant in resources that sustain the livelihood for many fisher men, farmers and people employed in tourism sector.
The Social Message: With the Slogan “SWASTH BHARAT HI SWACHH BHARAT”, Over 100 participants being a part of the mission expedition will create awareness of cycling and spell the Government of India GREEN INITIAITVE .
We look forward to your august presence and media patronage
Mahendr K Awasthi