ITU-APT foundation of India is leading national efforts to enable 5G become a commercial reality in India. This initiative is a critical part of our national objective to realize the India 5G vision and in doing so hopes to accelerate 5G deployments around the world. The 26-28 GHz India 5G spectrum Workshop by ITU-APT is being organized with the following objectives:
- Consider the use of the frequency range 24.25-29.5 for early introduction of 5G terrestrial mobile communications in India
- Encourage global and domestic manufacturers, regulators, and technology providers that are supportive and committed to the early deployment of 5G terrestrial mobile communications in this frequency range to participate in India 5G initiative.
- Review the sharing studies between satellites and mobile IMT systems and recommend necessary sharing guidelines
- Discuss the regulatory conditions that may be needed to facilitate economies of scale for 5G equipment in this range.
- Exchange information and experiences regarding regulatory conditions, trials, and implementation opportunities in this range
- Assist in the development of national views of the mobile Industry in this range for 5G