1. India becomes the 6th Largest Economy in the World: This achievement will be remembered for years to come as it is the fastest ever jump for India in just four years. The World Bank specifically lauded the Modi government and said that it was due to the reforms were undertaken by it that this happened. You may want to read more about the same here.
2. Ayushman Bharat, World’s largest healthcare scheme announced: Ayushman Bharat is by far the most ambitious healthcare scheme launched by any country ever in the history of this world. One can gauge the magnitude of this project by the fact that it will cover 50 Cr people and will ensure cost-free medical treatment for various serious diseases and illness and ensures that no poor will now have to sell or lease his own hard-earned house or other valuable belongings in need of affordable healthcare of his near and dear ones. Reputed British Medical Journal Lancelot also showered its praises on the Prime Minister Narendra Modi for this ambitious scheme and told that Modi is the first Prime Minister in the History of India to prioritize health coverage for every Indian. Read more here.
3. POCSO Act Amendment: Women Welfare has always been at the forefront of Prime Minister’s various schemes. His clarion call of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao has been a grand hit. In his endeavor to provide a fearless environment for the daughters of India, the Prime Minister ensured amendment in the POCSO (Protection of Children from Sexual Offences) act. The amendment ensures Death Penalty for the perpetrators of Such a Heinous Crime. Read more about it here.
4. 100% Village Electrification: When Modi Government came to power, 18452 Indian villages were still languishing in darkness with not even a transformer or electricity cables not present there. These villages were lying in challenging & harsh regions like Naxal infested corridor or remote North Eastern villages where taking the electricity poles, wires and transformers were very very difficult. Modi government ensured that within 4 years of it assuming power and 12 days before the deadline it had set for itself, all these 18000+ villages had access to electricity. Read more here.
5. Inauguration of Eastern Peripheral Expressway and Delhi Meerut Expressway: Languishing in the lurch since many years, Modi government took it over itself to complete these two extremely critical expressway projects that would solve the Traffic woes and pollution problems of the National Capital Region. Read more about them here.
6. Indian Railway Records best Safety year in the last 57 Years: With continuous endeavors to ensure traveler safety, the efforts by the Modi government and the Railways Minister Piyush Goyal has already started bearing fruits. 2018 was the year when the accidents in the Indian Railways was the lowest in 57 years. The government aims to strive for zero accidents in a calendar year. Read more here.
7. Fugitive economic Offenders Bill: India has a history of people committing Economic Frauds and then run away from the country without any fear from the law. Their companies and properties in India used to be safe, and the legal proceedings in India gave them a lot of leeway and benefits. With the fugitive economic offenders’ bill, the government will now confiscate the properties and companies of such economic fugitives without any legal hassles. This will work as a huge deterrent for those who may want to commit any such financial fraud in the future.
8. India’s GDP Growth rate touched the 8.2% mark: With all the structural reforms now showing results, India achieved 8.2% GDP growth in the first quarter of 2018-19, after the series of operations on the economy to remove tumors, making it world’s fastest growing major economy surpassing China.
9. First Himalayan Airport of India – Pakyong Airport in Sikkim opens, biggest gift to N-E India: Air Connectivity for all has been a dream that the Prime Minister saw for every Indian and that is why he launched the UDAN scheme. When he is dreaming big for all of India, how could he leave behind his favorite North-East India. He fast-tracked the Pakyong Airport Project in Sikkim and got it opened. Read more about the features of the airport here.
10. India Jumped to 77 in the World Bank Ease of Doing Business Rankings: India made a historic jump of 23 ranks in the World Bank Ease of Doing Business rankings from 2017 to 2018 and reached 77. The overall jump from 2014 to 2018 is a total of 65 ranks from 142 to 77. The World Praised the Modi Government for various structural reforms like GST, Demonetization, and IBC and credited the Modi government for such a historic jump.
11. India Completes its Nuclear Triad as INS Arihant Completes its first Deterrence Patrol: With the completion of Deterrence Patrol of INS Arihant, India gets into the coveted group of countries which can boast of a Nuclear Triad and becomes capable of conducting Nuclear Strike through Air, Sea, and Land. This is one of the proudest moments for the country. Read More here.
12. India’s Longest Rail Cum Road bridge was inaugurated: Bogibeel Bridge was approved in 1997, and the work started in 2002. Till 2018, only 58% of the work was completed. The Modi government took it upon itself to complete this highly strategically important bridge. Read more about the bridge below.