2019 Lok Sabha elections will determine the future of India’s democracy
Aam Aadmi Party statement on PM Modi’s lies at Ramlila Maidan :
True to the character of the BJP, its Prime Minister Mr Narendra Modi on Saturday chose to spread lies ahead of the 2019 Lok Sabha elections.
The AAP is very clear that the coming Lok Sabha elections will determine whether India will remain a democracy.
With the Modi government approaching the end of its five year undemocratic, anti-federal and dictatorial tenure, the voters of India will decide whether such a regime was in their interest.
Having no concrete achievement to tell the country about his tenure, the Prime Minister is harping on lies to mislead the nation.
The Modi government left no stone unturned in targeting its political opponents using all its might through the illegal and blatant misuse of central agencies, and it destroyed all institutions of the country.
It is a joke that the Prime Minister is talking about having been targeted by the previous central government when he was the Chief Minister of Gujarat and is trying to gain sympathy by stating that he was questioned for nine hours.
What has he done differently when he became the Prime Minister ?
Just a look at Delhi will make everything clear :
· Office and home of elected Delhi Chief Minister has been raided by CBI and Delhi Police
· Deputy Chief Minister and two ministers have been raided and questioned by central agencies.
· Atleast 20 MLAs were arrested on fake charges by politically manipulated Delhi Police and all cases which have been tried so far in courts have fallen flat
· More than 400 files of Delhi government were illegally seized in a bid to implicate the Chief Minister and council of ministers in fake cases – but Modi government badly failed in its sinister design.
· Officers were instigated to remain on strike for four months to paralyse the elected government.
· Officers were directed to speak publicly against the elected government in violation of all laws and rules. Those officers who followed the Modi government’s illegal directions were rewarded and those who opposed were punished.
· All important policies and welfare measures of elected Delhi government were stalled through the illegal use of Lieutenant Governor office.
Above mentioned are only a few examples of how democracy was murdered in Delhi and an elected government was strangulated for its only fault that it was opposed to the BJP and Prime Minister Modi.
It is only due to the determination and firm resolve of Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and his council of ministers that they have been able to deliver despite such a hostile Central government, which did not believe in either democracy of federalism – the basic features of our Constitution.
Next, PM Modi talking about having provided a corruption free government is a joke the way his government has been exposed in how he used all his might to remove the CBI director Alok Verma.
Modi government unleashed the CBI and Delhi Police on Kejriwal government so many times during last four years, and subjected it to countless raids and inquiries, so much so that more than 400 files of Delhi government were illegally seized by the Modi government
Kejriwal government was not afraid at all of these raids and so-called probes since it had not indulged in any wrong doing even of a single paisa, even though the Modi government tried its level best to frame the Delhi government in multiple fake cases.
Now, it has come to light that the Modi government wants to purchase Rafale fighter aircrafts at a very high price – the cost of one fighter aircraft is around Rs 600 crore and they want to purchase it at Rs 1600 crore per aircraft – meaning 36 fighter jets at an extra Rs 36,000 crore to the government exchequer.
This is what was to be probed by Mr Alok Verma, what was wrong if this had been probed ?
For this precise reason, the Prime Minister had put all his might in removing Mr Alok Verma as CBI director since last two months. Why ?
If the Prime Minister had done no wrong, what was the problem in letting the Rafale probe go on ?
Had the probe been conducted, everything would have become crystal clear to the country. What was the fear ? Using such might and removing somebody forcibly from will wreck the entire system.
It is still too early to say how many skeletons will tumble out in the CBI case, since the CVC office and institution appears to have been already compromised to save the Prime Minister.
AAP has already made its stand clear on how the Election Commission of India lost its impartiality during last five years and its partial, politically loaded and ill-advised opinion recommending disqualification of 20 Delhi MLAs was struck down by the Delhi High Court last year.
In the coming days, the AAP will come out with details of how Modi government destroyed institutions and democracy during last five years so that the voters know the reality before they decide the future of the country in 2019.