Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani, Hon’ble Union Minister of Textiles, launched a comprehensive scheme for Development of Knitting and Knitwear Sector under PowerTex India. The main components of the scheme are:
· Creation of new service centers on Public Private Partnership (PPP) model by industry and association in the knitting and knitwear clusters.
· Modernization and upgradation of existing power loom service Centers (PSCs) and institution run by Textile Research Associations (TRAs) and Export Promotion Councils (EPCs) Association in knitting and knitwear clusters.
· Group work shed scheme.
· Yarn bank scheme.
· Common facility center scheme.
· Pradhan mantra Credit Scheme.
· Solar Energy Scheme.
· Facilitation, IT, awareness, studies, surveys, market development and publicity for knitting and knitwear units.
The Hon’ble Ministry has approved combined SFC of PowerTex India Scheme and Knitwear Scheme with an outlay of Rs. 487.07 crores. Out of this Rs. 439.35 crore is for PowerTex for 3 years from 1.4.2017 to 31.03.2020 and Rs. 47.72 crores for Knitwear for the remaining period of 2018-19 and for 2019-20