NMDC surpasses 30 million tonnes production and sales for 3rd year
National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC), the largest producer of iron ore in the country, has once again surpassed the 30 million tonnes figure of production and sales for the year 2018-19 for the 3rd year consecutively.
In spite of suspension of Donimalai Mine operations for 5 months, no exports upto August 2018, highest rainfall in Bailadila Sector and poor off take in Karnataka in Q1, NMDC has produced 32.44 MT and sales of 32.38 MT iron ore during FY-19.
During the year, NMDC’s iron ore projects have clocked their best in a single day, monthly and annual production and sales figures.
- Highest ever monthly dispatches – 37.95 lakh tonne in March 2019 against previous best of 37.20 LT (January 2017)
- Highest ever single day production of 1.91 lakh tonne (31.03.2019) against previous best of 1.63 LT (28.03.2019)
- Highest ever single day dispatches of 1.42 lakh tonne (16.03.2019) against previous best of 1.40 LT (04.03.2018)
- Highest ever exploratory drilling of 16071 metres in 2018-19 against previous best of
15065 metres in 2017-18
- Second highest production of diamonds (38033 carats) after reopening of mines in 2009-10.
- Baijendra Kumar, CMD, NMDC, congratulated all the employees for their dedicated hard work and excellent team work and thanked Ministry of Steel, Government of India and Chhattisgarh State Government and all the stakeholders for their support and guidance.