NK talks with U.S. ‘disappearing

North Korean First Vice Foreign Minister Choe Son-hui speaks during a press conference after the second meeting of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un and U.S. President Donald Trump held in Hanoi, Vietnam, on March 1, 2019. (Yonhap)

A top North Korean diplomat said Saturday that expectations for talks with the United States are fading away, bristling strongly at U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s description of Pyongyang’s behavior as “rogue.”

First Vice Foreign Minister Choe Son-hui also warned the U.S. not to test Pyongyang’s patience, claiming that Pompeo’s remarks made the resumption of working-level negotiations between the two countries more difficult.

“Our expectations of dialogue with the U.S. are gradually disappearing and we are being pushed to reexamine all the measures we have taken so far,” Choe said in a statement carried by the North’s official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA).

“We are very curious about the background of the American top diplomat’s thoughtless remarks and we will watch what calculations he has. The U.S. had better not put any longer our patience to the test with such remarks irritating us if it doesn’t want to have bitter regrets afterwards,” she said.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s