Iran to initiate the trigger mechanism

China expresses regret over decision by Britain, France and Germany to trigger dispute mechanism in 2015 Iran nuclear deal:

China on Wednesday expressed regret over a decision by Britain, France and Germany to trigger the dispute mechanism in the 2015 Iran nuclear deal.

“This decision will not help solve the issues or ease current tensions,” Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Geng Shuang said at a press briefing in Beijing.

France, Britain and Germany announced on Tuesday that they have triggered the dispute mechanism set up in the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) with the hope to preserve the deal and bring Iran back into full compliance with its commitments.

Iran has vowed tough response if the three European powers decide to launch a dispute mechanism against Tehran under the 2015 nuclear deal.

Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Seyed Abbas Mousavi said yesterday that the recent statement of the three European signatories of the nuclear deal – the UK, France and Germany – is a demonstration of their stance against the United States and warned that the trio should wait for Tehran’s tough response if they fail to fulfill their pledges under the nuclear deal.

He addressed reporters  after the European trio of signatories to the nuclear deal of 2015, officially known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), issued a statement earlier in the day to announce their decision to initiate the trigger mechanism.

The mechanism for resolving disputes in the JCPOA was initiated by the Islamic Republic of Iran more than a year ago when Iran’s Foreign Minister sent letters to the coordinator of the JCPOA Joint Commission, but nothing new has been resulted in terms of procedures or in action, he added.

According to Iran’s semi- official Fars news Agency report, the Iranian diplomat warned that if Europeans, who have claimed that they are undertaking the move with good faith and well intention to preserve the JCPOA, keep their path of surrendering in front of the US rather than trying to deliver on their commitments and letting Iran benefit from the removal of sanctions according to the two annexes of the JCPOA, they have to ready themselves for the consequences which had already been cautioned about. He also called upon Europeans to further try to save the Nuclear deal.

In May 2018, US had unilaterally decided to with draw from the Nuclear deal and had imposed fresh sanctions on Tehran. A year later, Iran also threatened to partially withdraw from the deal and said it would continue its programme of uranium enrichment unless, US fulfills its obligations under the Nuclear deal.  Iran informed its decision to the remaining parties to the deal – France, Germany, Russia, China and the UK. 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s