8 People die and many fall ill due to PVC gas(Styrene) leakage at a Pvt firm in Visakhapatnam, #AndhraPradesh.
Visakhapatnam District Collector Vinay Chand visited King George Hospital where people affected by #VizagGasLeak are being treated
Gas has been neutralised. Styrene a neuro-toxin & inhalation leads to immobilisation & eventual death in 10 minutes.
NDRF team has reached the spot. Maximum impact was in about 1-1.5 km but smell was in 2-2.5 km. 100-120 ppl have been shifted to hospital. Total 3 persons have died in the incident. FIR registered: RK Meena,
CP Visakhapatnam City. #AndhraPradesh
3 persons, including one child, dead after chemical gas leakage at LG Polymers industry in RR Venkatapuram village, Visakhapatnam: District Medical & Health Officer (DMHO). #AndhraPradesh
Andhra Pradesh: Chemical gas leakage reported at LG Polymers industry in RR Venkatapuram village, Visakhapatnam. People being taken to hospital after they complained of burning sensation in eyes&breathing difficulties. Police, fire tenders, ambulances reach spot.Details awaited.
AmitShah· The incident in Vizag is disturbing. Have spoken to the NDMA officials and concerned authorities. We are continuously and closely monitoring the situation. I pray for the well-being of the people of Visakhapatnam.
Spoke to officials of MHA and NDMA regarding the situation in Visakhapatnam, which is being monitored closely. I pray for everyone’s safety and well-being in Visakhapatnam.