Aung San Suu Second Charge

UN warns Myanmar’s military of “severe consequences” if it responds harshly to protests.

Myanmar economy in dire straits, private bank are closed from last fifteen days.

Six people were injured when police fired rubber bullets on a crowd outside of a prison in Myaungmya Township, Ayeyarwady Region today. 

About 150 people gathered outside the prison after police arrested a school headmaster for participating in anti-coup protests there, locals told Frontier

Myanmar civilian leader Aung San Suu Kyi’s lawyer told local media that Myanmar police have filed a second charge against her. She is facing a second charge of violating the country’s Natural Disaster Law.

Myanmar’s military has filed a second charge against Aung San Suu Kyi flouting National disaster law, not follow covid guidelines.

The law has been used to prosecute people who have broken coronavirus restrictions.

The maximum punishment for the COVID-19 violation is three years’ imprisonment.

Myanmar police have filed a second charge against deposed former leader Aung San Suu Kyi -which may allow her to be held indefinitely without trial.

The military seized power in Myanmar in a coup on 1 February, forcing Ms Suu Kyi into detention.

She was initially charged with importing walkie-talkies but lawyer Khin Maung Zaw told local media she was now facing a second charge – of violating the country’s National Disaster Management Law.

The new charge may allow her to be held indefinitely without trial because a change in the Penal Code instituted by the junta last week permits detention without court permission.

At 12:30pm police told the group to go back home or they would use force. Police then fired rubber bullets at the crowd. 

U Tin Aye, who was in the crowd, told Frontier that U Win Htay, the Myaungmya police chief, was among those who fired shots.

“We saw him shoot at protesters,” he said. “He fired more than 20 shots!” last week.

Teachers there have been protesting – and joining the Civil Disobedience Movement since at least February 6.

Yangon have run out of money and have not been refilled for at least a couple of days. Meanwhile, police have blocked off streets around the Central Bank of Myanmar’s Yangon branch in Yankin Township, which has been the site of peaceful but escalating standoffs between protesters and soldiers in recent days. 

Soldiers and police have descended on the National League for Democracy headquarters in Yangon’s Bahan Township and are trying to enter the building. Security forces began arriving about 2:45pm today.

Police and military have blocked a section of West Shwegonedaing Road in front of the NLD office, setting up barricades at both ends.

The break-in, of course, occurred the previous night, when Tatmadaw soldiers raided the office, in what the NLD has described as a “lawless act”. The military took documents relating to the party’s funds, as well as computer hard drives and communication network devices, according to the NLD.

By Naresh Sagar

Mentor MSME, Motivator, Media Event Org, Management fiscal & Water management.Social Media branding,Internet broadcasters,Propunder of Indian Philosophy

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s