Pakistan TLP clash Police,Strike Today

A nationwide shutter down strike has been announced for today (Monday) by former Ruet-e-Hilal Committee chairperson Mufti Muneeb-ur-Rehman late night after the violence and protests in Lahore which led to clashes between the police and banned religiopolitical party TLP’s supporters.

Mufti Muneeb made the announcement in a press conference in Karachi along with other Ulema. 

Cleric Mufti Taqi Usmani, meanwhile, condemned the way the government handled the protesters in Lahore, saying the attacks on the police by “certain” people were certainly wrong, but that the government should act wisely.

Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam head Fazlur Rehman, too, condemned the Lahore incident in a media talk in Islamabad and expressed support with Mufti Muneeb on the strike call. 

A major clash has been reported in lahore,pakistan on sundaty allegedly after the police opened fire at a protest gathering of the banned”TLP.

Sheikh Rasheed says the “first round of talks” concluded in a “successful manner” after which the policemen were released

 Interior Minister Sheikh Rasheed on Monday announced that 11 policemen, who were taken hostage in Lahore by the proscribed Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP) have been released after negotiations carried out by the Punjab government.

In a video statement, the interior minister said the “first round of talks” concluded in a “successful manner” after which the policemen were released and the protesters had gone inside the Masjid Rehmatulil Alameen. He added that the police had also been withdrawn.

Rasheed hoped that other matters would also be sorted out in the next round, which would be held after Sehri.

The minister added that out of 192 blockades, only one was remaining and the situation was improving there as well. 

“Talks have begun with the banned TLP and hopefully issues will be resolved with them,” Rasheed stated.

Pakistan, a hardline Islamist group Tehrik-i-Labaik Pakistan, TLP, supporters had taken numbers security personnel hostage at its headquarters in Lahore today.

Pakistan has been witnessing violent clashes between the police and TLP supporters for about a week following the arrest of the group’s leader Saad Rizvi.

The arrest of Saad Rizvi came after the Tehrik-i-Labaik Pakistan gave the Imran Khan government an April 20 deadline to expel the French ambassador over the publication of cartoons in France depicting the Prophet Mohammad. Saad Rizvi’s arrest prompted his supporters to hold protests and sit-ins across Pakistan. At least four people were killed, hundreds injured, and thousands have been arrested so far. The Pakistan government has banned the group after the violence.

Lahore police has said that the TLP activists have two fuel tankers containing thousands of liters of petrol and they are throwing petrol bombs and stones at security officials, and also shooting bullets resulting in injury to 11 officials.

TLP has said that its four supporters had been killed by police and several others were wounded.

Sunday, the police and Rangers conducted an operation to disperse the protesters of the banned religiopolitical party from Yateem Khana Chowk in Lahore.

During the operation, all roads leading to the roundabout were closed, while there were reports of clashes between law enforcers and protesters.

There were also reports of casualties during the clashes.

In an apparent reference to TLP protesters, Punjab CM’s aide Dr Firdous Ashiq Awan had said that “miscreants” armed with petrol bombs attacked the Nawankot police station, taking 12 policemen hostage and leaving six injured.

Sharing a statement by the Lahore police, she had said that owing to the attack, in which the attackers used petrol bombs and bottles of acid, Rangers and police personnel were trapped inside the police station.

Earlier today, Pakistan terminated mobile and internet services temporarily in the area where clashes were taking place. Last week, France had advised its citizens to temporarily leave Pakistan for their safety.

The miscreants held the deputy superintendent of police hostage at gunpoint, along with 11 other policemen, and drove them to their markaz (comprising a mosque and madrassah) nearby.

Aside from attacking the police station and kidnapping officials, the miscreants also stole an oil tanker carrying 50,000 litres of petrol, she had said.

According to the police statement, the police pushed back the miscreants and took back possession of the police station.

“Police did not plan or conduct any operation against the mosque or madrassah. The action, if any, was in self-defence and to protect public property,” read the statement.

Awan, confirming the same, said that any action taken was in self-defence and to rescue the police officers taken hostage

Published by Naresh Sagar

Mentor MSME, Motivator, Media Event Org, Management fiscal & Water management.Social Media branding,Internet broadcasters,Propunder of Indian Philosophy

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: